Monday, April 14, 2008

Yeahhhh

Finally, spring is here. You can go out with a light jacket at 7 p.m. and not regret that decision at 2 a.m. There's nary a hat or scarf to be found on anyone, anywhere. I actually wore flip flops to the grocery store on Sunday. Sweet delight!

With the return of the warm weather is the ability to enjoy the parts of New York that are free, read: outside. No more rushing from house to cab to warm bar. As much as I love me a cold beer in a warm bar, I'm ready to venture out a bit.

GC and I took advantage of the now-warm weather with a really fun Saturday night that involved only a pint of ice cream, two spoons and a $2 subway ride to the South pier. I highly recommend this spot for its cop and homeless people-free environment, as well as an amazing view of the Statue of Liberty in front of you and the lights of the financial district behind you. There are plenty of benches and it's just a nice place to chill out and remember that even the biggest city in the world has its little hidden corners. Guys, if you're looking to get all romantic with your lady of choice, this would be the place. Ladies, if you just feel like having an estrogen-filled moment of reflection about why you moved to New York, look no further. Just take the N/W to Whitehall Street or the 6 to Bowling Green.


On a separate note, my little fledgling communications business is doing quite nicely. I'm writing for one magazine, hopefully learning tomorrow if I get to write this summer for another, and freelancing for 3 different agencies to make ends meet. I haven't seen a paycheck in nearly 45 days, but am picking up the first tomorrow so maybe I can finally have creditors stop calling me no matter how many times I assure them that I've never been late on a bill before and am just waiting for my windfall. Yes, I'm talking to you Verizon and American Express. Sigh. I really need that multi-million dollar book advance to come in. Lately, I've looked to this look to this lady for inspiration.

No comments: